Friday, May 7, 2010

Coupons? Now I get it!!!


You can relate to me if you never ever use a coupon before. I just started this year and... I'm addicted now. It's amazing how much you can save, so now I want to start teaching you the basics about couponing.
How to get coupons-Easy-
I just started my collection out of Sunday's newspaper.In my house they already know "you better don't touch the inserts before mami does!" and, if I like certain coupon to use it more than one time, I just go to the nearest Walgreens to get another copy .-just be sure to check for the inserts before you buy it-.
Also you can go to Coupons.com, Red Plum and Smart Source.
Organizing
If you want to know the truth,that is my ... how you call it again? debilidad? OK , weakness! But you know what? I been liking these couponing thing so much that I'm organizing them really good , let me give you some tips:
1. Get a index card box, a binder , or something you feel more comfortable with to store them- I actually started with an envelope and evolve to the coupon box.
2. After you decide about where you want to store your coupons you want to start classifying them:Groceries, frozen food, cleaning supplies, beauty and bath, restaurants and miscellaneous.
3. Pharmacies coupons are different. I just keep them in a whole separate box. Sabes por que? And this will be another posting. That's where you get the store cash rewards that you can use in a later purchase.
4. Make a grocery-coupon list before you go to the store. Try to use as many coupons as you can and start a weekly or monthly menu planner, that way you know what you need for that time period and you don't have to run to the store at the last minute and spend more $$$ that you want.
Play by the rules
Know the store policies before you go and use your coupons. Some stores let you double your coupons,(that's why you should buy more than one newspaper if you like the coupon) other stores accept competitors coupons, so do the homework and you will see how much you are going to save monthly.
Come back and tell me your coupon story or tip you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment